Las inscripciones de Primavera 2021 quedan abiertas – para inscribirse pulse aquí.
Term begins 9 January 2020.
WE URGENTLY NEED PARENT VOLUNTEERS for TREASURY, FOREST SCHOOL and IT SUPPORT. These roles will require certain responsibilities. training will be provided. Flexible time available. We need a minimum number of volunteers to ensure that Escuelita functions at its best. If you are willing to help with either of these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which role you are happy to help with.
Escuelita will continue in the hybrid format in light of the ongoing health and safety concerns and new government requirements caused by COVID-19. Our successful hybrid format – part online, part in-person – will allow us to continue to offer high-quality, small group classes that facilitate the development of both the language and shared culture of our Spanish-speaking community.
Spring term details:
- Music, Science, Art, Dance and Drama: These will be taught online for one hour weekly on Saturdays during term time. Each child will experience one discipline per Saturday and groups will be limited to 8 children in order to ensure a rich and personal learning experience.
- Forest School: Each child will have 3 hours of Forest School per term.For groups Coqui, Capuchino Rubio, Capuchino Silbador y Capibara, this will be divided in one session of 2 hours and one session of 1 hour; for Condor they will have a one session of 3 consecutive hours. Sessions will be held in The Wild Place, Milton Country Park – a specially enclosed section of the park designated for Forest School. Children will attend Forest Schools in their groups along with one teacher and two parent volunteers. We will be implementing both social distancing and a vigilant hygiene plan.
- Fees: The cost per Saturday is £10 and the membership fee £15 per child (for new members as it is an annual fee). The cost includes an enhanced and longer Forest School experience. The list of materials for the online classes will be sent at least 5 days in advance, in order for the parents to provide them. The teachers try to use common use school supply materials and kitchen ingredients.
- Scheduling: To allow for small online groups, three hours of Forest School per term, and enough groups to make Escuelita viable, the traditional Escuelita schedule will need to change.
- 5 groups of at least 6 children each are required to make Escuelita financially viable. Due to the number of teachers available per Saturday, four online groups will run from 10:00-11:00. The fifth (and 6th+) online group will run from 11:15-12:15. Each child will only have one, one-hour session.
- Forest School sessions will take place on Saturdays that will be scheduled in the new timetable.. The session will run as follows: first session will be from 10:00am-12:00pm; children will need to bring their own snack. The second session will run from 12:00pm-2:00pm; children will need to bring a packed lunch.Condor will be the only one that will have 3 consecutive hours one day per term.
- Due to all the considerations, including enrolment numbers, all scheduling will be confirmed five days before the start of term, 4 January 2020. If there are not enough groups filled, Escuelita will not be able to open in the Spring term.
Enrolment is open now! Click here to enrol.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- You need to find the right Class group by typing the location: Online & The Wild Place.
- Age groups
- Coquí: pre-Reception
- Capuchino Rubio: Reception
- Capuchino Silbador: Year 1
- Capibara: Year 2 & 3
- Condor: Year 4, 5, & 6
- If you have technical issues with the Club Enrolment webpage, i.e. the webpage is not responding, then please contact email@example.com
- If you have finance questions, e.g. has your payment gone through, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Please be aware that over the Christmas holidays response times will be delayed.
- Forest School volunteers: Two parent volunteers per group are needed for Forest School. Volunteers will be able to social distance and have minimum responsibilities. Mainly volunteers will need to monitor the entrance/exit of The Wild Place to ensure safety while the session takes place. This is an opportunity to be outside with a cup of coffee and have a good chat with a fellow Escuelita parent! If you have any questions email at email@example.com
- IT volunteer: We are also looking for an IT volunteer. The IT volunteer just needs to be on-call in the rare case that a teacher is having technical difficulties during her online session. Our online sessions will use the platform Google Classroom. They will also be responsible for updating the Escuelita website . Gabriel is currently performing this role, as there were no volunteers for his role during the last AGM.
Lastly, THANK YOU for your ongoing support. We look forward to welcoming you back in January and sharing another wonderful term of learning, language, and culture with your family.
Escuelita CIC Board of Directors
Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org